Friday, July 24, 2009

What a journey

I'm contemplatin again! What a wondrous journey this life makes. It seems we strive and strive to get somewhere else and we are never quite happy with here. If only I could get the weeds pulled, or...if only so&so would do this or I could buy that.
I heard from someone dear of late with a big pile of burdens. Her child is gravely and chronically ill. We talked about going on and just getting to tomorrow. I could visualize her path as being a treacherous edge slicked cliff track. There may be some high peaks but most of the time will be scrabbling up the hills.And someone else talked about wanting to spend time looking upon and smelling the flowers.
We endure, we breathe in, we gaze, we enjoy and suffer. We have the privilege of absorbing every sensation and choosing our path. What a journey...what a tale we can tell.

No comments: