Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birthdays

I experienced my 49th birthday. It was memorable in many ways.Firstly, I've never been 49 before. And I've never been in a position to enjoy my birthday for 10 days straight! Thanks to some wonderful friends and relatives this occured. I've never been soundly trounced in croquet on my birthday either- thanks Wanda!! Or laughed so much-thanks Rich and Kelsey. Or been loved so much- thanks Honey! Or hugged so much-thanks Irv and Susan! And had such fabulous renditions of Happy Birthday sung to me- thanks to all who harmonized (you know who you are!)Birthdays are an interesting phenomena. We make such a big deal of this celebration. The gifts, the party and really isnt it just that we want a day to be special, a day when we are the center of attention. The star of the show.Why isnt it that we enjoy every day like our birthdays? It isnt the gifts ( as fun as they are!). I think its that everyone says such nice things to us. We adore that. We should start a new trend. Lets pretend every day is every other persons birthday and hug them and say nice things to them....and then...every day will be a gift . And it will be our birthday every day too!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

A computer dweeb maybe

Peppermint Lane said...

Sorry, I missed your birthday. I'm so glad you have great group of friends who made it special. Can't wait to see in in a few days. By the way, I love your blog name.

Briar Rose said...

Happy Belated Birthday! So glad to hear it was great for you. Welcome to the blog world, we still have to make it out there, but we will soon. Love You guys. Tiana