Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer

I peruse the blogs of my talented nieces and others as they settle into the heart of Summer. I contemplate the contentment we all feel under the gentle breezes, warmed air; walking among berry fields and gardens laden with ripening veggies. Even the dirt smells good! .There's nuthin like a summer day.
At our house, we awaken to a bright yellow room. The sun pours through the dappled yellow fabric of our curtains. Light glows off the butter cream color on our walls. Everyday we wake up happy and smiling because "its sunny"! And then "we're retired"! Even more smiles. The cat jingles his collar bell and the dog snores softly ( or not so softly). I pad to the kitchen to make a dark rich pot of coffee. I look out my kitchen windows at the gold finches pecking at their thistle feeder. I look toward the nearby hills and mountains, at that last glimpse of melting snow on the ridgeline . Capturing that early morning feel and smell of the world as our loved ones stir, the birds tweet, the air is still cool... that would make someone a trillion dollars. You know, one would almost think we're in Heaven already.

1 comment:

Peppermint Lane said...

You are great writer. Wow, I could put myself in your bedroom....