Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer Progress

How's retirement? Darn right wonderful! Sorry all you work types. I'm the luckiest person on the planet.
I learned to cook a new recipe or 2 this week. I admit to feeling pleased they were both edible. Zuchinni-Tomato casserole ( for all of those with gardens) and Dahl, and Indian lentil dish. The Dahl turned out really well. I'm trying to go for interesting, healthy, low-fat reciped with less red meat on the plate.
I learned to think about food planning from my Grandmother. She was interested in her ladies group that was focused on Home education. Ive forgotten what they were called. It was where she learned about the 4 food groups, canning, and home hints.
Somewhere along the line homemaker became a dirty word. Maybe it was the women's movement issue. For some woman, never having a choice to move beyond the kitchen would have been a crushing obstacle. And I'm thankful many women continue to push for eqaul chances in the world for women.
I love doing home stuff. I admit I'm not in Martha and Julia's league, but it can be fun and satisfying. Mind you, I have no children underfoot (Rod doesn't count). Iv'e been cross- stitching, weaving, reading, gardening,canning and planning next years watering system.
Im starting to clean out cupboards, plana garage sale, and selling the car and the motorcycle.
I have a lot to do and Im grateful I have the time.

1 comment:

Peppermint Lane said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying life!