Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Choosing a path

What happens to us when we deal with adversity? The basic response hearkens back to fight or flight. Get mad or run. So what happens when you get over the mad and you don't run? Some persons advocate perseverance. Endurance.
Sounds unappetizing, kind of like striving for Sainthood. I ain't that Saintlike. My failing. I want a different path. But the question remains, how to find the road.
And what about giving up? That sounds way to silly and easy to me.
It seems like dieting. Its going to be hard for some, easier for others. Some can do it by deprivation, others can do it with strength of will. But most of us have to slog along , peering at street signs til we find a good road and turn.
Making good paths requires a little preparation I'm discovering. Examine the route and direction. Check for potholes. Line the bottom with some leveling if you can and put gravel down. Pack well the foundation. Don't forget a few forms for good edges. Need a few bulbs for color along the way. Then put your nose to the path and travel.
I wonder if I can go on roller skates??

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

if i can find those roller skates, we'll find another pair and a tow rope!
Love ya, Kelsey