Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Words

I apologize to any who might try to follow my thoughts in this forum. The problem lies in that I have no message. I think things in an endless stream. I contemplate and reject a zillion ideas. I find great interest in many of the happenings in the world. When I start to write coherent thoughts go out the window like a grain of sand in a sandstorm.
I now understand my ancestors who didn't leave behind a diary as they "had nothing to say". I dont believe that I have nothing to say but I question its importance, particularly in the cyber world.
Im reading a wonderful book, the biography of EB White. He wrote Charlottes Web and a few other famous childrens books, but for many years he wrote for the The New Yorker magazine. The point is he wrote in this wonderful concise language. Its the first time in a long while that Ive admired a style, the use of language in a writers message. Being under educated in the mechanics of writing, and admittedly not too interested in the technical details of proper grammer, it is this I lack. The way of the word.There are words in his biography I've never heard of. Things I have to look up. How exciting to find words with depth. Words to explore. Im also reading the biographical account of the life of Roget of Roget's Thesauras. Who knew. Personally,I think he must have had OCD. But who am I to question the outcome.
So, poor bored reader...I search for a way to bring you a coherent and interesting message.I havent found it yet.

No comments: